welcome

Welcome. This blog is my little home on the web. It's mostly about my favorite hobby, digital scrapbooking. You might also find some recipes, home decor projects, or parenting woes. But mostly digital scrapbooking.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

I can't stop making these peanut butter cookies.

I've actually come across several similar recipes recently, but this is the one I've been following:

Flourless Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Cookies from myrecipes.com

I've tried several different versions using: natural peanut butter and unnatural peanut butter; white sugar and brown sugar; and different mix-ins. Natural peanut butter gives a much better flavor, but the cookies can fall apart easily. I didn't really arrive at a preference for the sugar, but if I've got brown sugar on hand, I'll gravitate toward that. Depending on how thick your dough turns out, it might be hard to incorporate a whole cup of chocolate chips. You can cut back on those and still have great cookies. Heck, you could probably leave out the chips all together and just have a peanut butter cookies. But I've never done that myself.

The cookies pictured above have chocolate chips, M&Ms and Reeses Pieces. The most recent batch that I made (and was my most favorite) used brown sugar, half natural peanut butter and half unnatural peanut butter, and chocolate chips only.

I want to make more. Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment