welcome

Welcome. This blog is my little home on the web. It's mostly about my favorite hobby, digital scrapbooking. You might also find some recipes, home decor projects, or parenting woes. But mostly digital scrapbooking.

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Recent Scrapbook Layouts

How about some recent layouts for a change?

I did this as a play along layout for the last round of Cropped. The challenge was to create a "decadent" page and to use the four mystery elements (floral kraft paper, metal car element, scalloped mat, and purple unicorn doodle). My implementation of "decadentness" was to incorporate a lot of different scrapping styles. I chose a template that had a pocket scrapbooking look but also incorporated a large photo. I had two journaling blocks, one of which had my fancy angled text that I do sometimes. I used title work over the photo and mixed a font with word art. I embellished with a couple large flowers. I'm very pleased with the result.
Cropped Round 6 Mystery Basket; Everyday Storytellers No. 1, Sup?, Nillie, Wire Number Essentials,
Cardstock Essentials 3 by Karla Dudley; Felt Up No. 1 and Be Kit by Creashens;
scallop clipping mask from Cropped Round 2 Freebie by Crystal Livesay

Occasionally Miller gets really into taking pictures. Unfortunately on these occasions, he likes me to take about a hundred pictures of him making silly/ugly faces. But ha ha, I got a couple of smiles too!!
Wildflower Mini Kit and Shades of White Paper by Etc. by Danyale
Facebook Freebie Template by Scrapping with Liz

Some pictures from Christmas last year. I would like to have all of my 2012 layouts finished by Christmas time ... what I really want for Christmas is to get both my 2011 and my 2012 albums printed. Right now I'm trying to alternate scrapping an old layout and a new layout to get it all done in time. I'm not too far behind on 2012 luckily.
Ianthine Templates & Fun Folds Overlays by Scrapping with Liz; Comfort & Joy Collection by Sugarplum Paperie
Petals No. 4 and Oak Tree by Sara Gleason; Sparkly Holiday by Jenna Desai;
Warehouse Alphas 1 and 2 by Karla Dudley

My mother-in-law came to visit for a couple of days and brought my niece with her. We had a great time, of course.
Double Album Templates IV by Scrapping with Liz; You Collection and Foxy by Creashens
Cardstock Essentials 3 by Karla Dudley

Miller's first day of school. I was not able to get a posed first day picture (it was really overwhelming how many kids and parents were at school that first day). I satisfied myself with a few candid shots that I sneaked.
September Ledger, Bare Necessities Stitches 2 and Juan Carlos and Fifi Kit by creashens
Jump For Joy Template by Amy Martin

That's it for today. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment