welcome

Welcome. This blog is my little home on the web. It's mostly about my favorite hobby, digital scrapbooking. You might also find some recipes, home decor projects, or parenting woes. But mostly digital scrapbooking.

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Project: Love, Me Book Printed

In 2011 Kami Leonard (Ziggle Scraps) and Suzy Iverson (SuzyQ Scraps) hosted a year long All About Me project with weekly prompts and coordinating kits that you could buy each month. I followed along every week and completed almost all of the prompts for the year.  Well, I finally got around to getting the book printed!

I used Blurb, my favorite printing company.  But I have to say I had a little trouble this time around.  I had a gift certificate from my mom, and I had a 25% discount coupon that I got through Clickin Moms. Blurb's shopping cart treats discount codes and gift certificate codes in the same manner, and you can only use one code in a transaction. In my mind, a gift certificate is like a form of payment, and it shouldn't disqualify you from using a discount code. But I contacted them about it, and they promptly gave me a solution to the problem. In the end I was able to use both codes, just in a round about way.  So I guess I'm still happy with Blurb. But kinda disturbed by them as well.

My overall feelings about the book:
  • Easy to put together using Bookify online system.
  • Fast shipping.
  • Beautiful book with amazing colors.  This is my third Blurb book, and I must say that I was really amazed by the beautiful colors, more so than my previous books. Not that my previous books had poor colors.  I was just really blown away this time.
  • Warped cover, as I have seen in my last book. Photo below.
Here are some pictures. Cover.

Spine.

Edge - notice slight warping of cover, as I saw in my last book as well. The warping in my last book has decreased as time has past.

Title Page.

Inner pages.


A couple of close up shots.


I'm really happy to have this project "officially" finished.  This was my first time creating a cohesive album with similar design elements on every page.  All pages used the same white background, and I had three fonts that I also used consistently on all pages.  Other than that, kits and page design vary greatly from page to page.  Another thing about this book is that I included 4 or 5 self portraits taken throughout the year.  That was a new thing for me, but I've become much more comfortable about including pictures of myself in my layouts. I'm really glad I did this project.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment: