welcome

Welcome. This blog is my little home on the web. It's mostly about my favorite hobby, digital scrapbooking. You might also find some recipes, home decor projects, or parenting woes. But mostly digital scrapbooking.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Easy Chicken Stroganoff Recipe

I wanted to share a really yummy new recipe I just made. With the word "Easy" in the title, I have to admit that I did not have high expectations. But as I sat at the table with a belly full of goodness I found myself disappointed that I only made a half batch. I think it would be great as leftovers.  The scientist loved this recipe as much as, if not more, I did. He has already requested that we have it again very soon.

Here is the recipe: Easy Homemade Chicken Stroganoff from Parent Pretty

I might be a little biased because when I was a little girl my Grandma Charlie made Meatballs and Gravy which was my favorite meal. Meatballs and Gravy was beef meatballs cooked up in a pan. Then you put in some cream of mushroom soup and water to make a gravy, scraping up all the yummy bits that cooked off the meatballs. You let that all cook for a while and then serve the meatballs and gravy over egg noodles or rice. It was my favorite!

I think Easy Homemade Chicken Stroganoff is even better than Meatballs and Gravy. First, simply dicing up some chicken is way easier than preparing meatballs. Second, the flavor ... the flavor brought back childhood memories. It was the flavor of Meatballs and Gravy, but just a little bit better. Thirdly, this recipe does not contain cream of mushroom soup. Cream of mushroom soup doesn't bother me too much, but the scientist's response to it is, "Yuck!" And he doesn't hesitate to voice his objection to cream of anything in a can no matter how nice it is that someone else made him a meal. So to be spared that is the third plus to this recipe.

Easy Homemade Chicken Stroganoff is made from scratch, is quite easy, and totally yummy.

The only note I would make is that you might want to hold off on starting the noodles cooking so that they aren't sitting around getting cold while the rest cooks. I actually got all of the chopping done before I started the water heating, and that worked out really well. My noodles only needed to cook for 6 minutes once the water was boiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment