welcome

Welcome. This blog is my little home on the web. It's mostly about my favorite hobby, digital scrapbooking. You might also find some recipes, home decor projects, or parenting woes. But mostly digital scrapbooking.

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Some Recent Layouts

Here are some recent scrapbook layouts. Having just printed my 2011 and 2012 books, I'm itching to print another. I'm trying to make sure 2013 does not fall behind.

These are some pictures of inside play. Sea creatures are well represented in my scrapping this year. I copied the title from a past layout called "boy + spider." My "girl + story" series that I wrote in 2012 for The Artisan Notebook was also inspired by that same title.
When You Smile Templates by Scrapping with Liz;Wild Child by Jen Barrette;
Good Harvest by CD Muckosky; Blessings Ribbons by Gina Miller

I've been playing with the Lighting Effects filter in Photoshop a bit lately, and tried to use it on this page. I thought the lighting effect here gave the page an underwater vibe - a little dark and hazy. I've had trouble getting just the look I want. I can get the edges to darken, but it tends to wash out the center.

Some pictures from back in January. The motion blur is fun. It wasn't due to my skill, though. It was serendipitous use of my old camera's Auto mode.
Double Monthly Challenge Templates 10 by Scrapping with Liz; Just Go With It Kit, Foiled No. 2 Papers,
3 Minutes Kit and You Sliders by creashens; Glitter Paper by Two Shutter Sisters; Life365 Hodge Podge 7 by
Gina Marie Huff; That's Life kit by Etc. by Danyale

Christmas pictures...... So, these should have gone in my 2012 book, but the photos were misplaced and I didn't find them until after I had sent my book off to print. What a dilema, huh? I'm sure this exact problem is why some people refuse to print books and choose single prints instead. Most likely I'll just stick it at the beginning of my 2013 book. That's the way it goes.
Wondrous by creashens; Cardstock Essentials 3 by Karla Dudley; Capturing Fall template by Amy Martin

And another really old Christmas picture. Prior to 2010 I did single prints in page protectors, so I can just add this one in. Back in 2007 I had just discovered digital scrapbooking. I was blown away by the pages that could be made, and I scrapped almost exclusively with quick pages. A quick page is a page that someone else has already put together for you, and there are "holes" where you can drop in your own pictures. And you can add journaling to top if you like as well. It was kinda fun to go back and scrap a page from scratch from those baby years.
Tomte by creashens; Jump For Joy template by Amy Martin

Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment