welcome

Welcome. This blog is my little home on the web. It's mostly about my favorite hobby, digital scrapbooking. You might also find some recipes, home decor projects, or parenting woes. But mostly digital scrapbooking.

Sunday, November 3, 2013

My Favorite Food Blog

My family eats lunch out a lot on the weekends, but for dinner we mostly eat in. I'm often looking for new recipes. Trying new recipes is always a bit of a gamble.  For me, I'd say a 50% success rate is pretty good. Success being that I found a recipe that I know that I'll want to make again.

I recently discovered this food blog:  Cooking Classy.  I've tried about 10 of her recipes over the last few months, and have well over a 50% success rate! Score! Her recipes are a little fancy but still very do-able in my opinion. That's perfect for me.

Since it is fall, and I love soups, I thought I would share two excellent soup recipes.

Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Brilliant! Like Jaclyn, I love chicken pot pie, but don't really love pie crust. It never would have occurred to me to find another way to make it. I LOVE it as a soup with biscuits. And I learned how easy it is to make biscuits from scratch! This recipe made a big pot of soup, so I froze about half of it. Unfortunately, the potatoes fall apart in the freezing/thawing process and the texture of the soup changes. It still tastes good, but feels wrong. So I don't recommend freezing the leftovers.

Roasted Cauliflower White Cheddar Soup
Delicious! The scientist thought it had bacon in it because the roasted cauliflower had such a smoky flavor. He could not stop talking about how good it was. It is so much better than my old broccoli cheese soup. I used a cheese that I found at my market called New York Cheddar, in the specialty cheese display. It was a milder sharp cheddar. I also froze a jar of this but haven't thawed it out yet. I'm waiting for a cozy, rainy (or at least cloudy) day. I hope that day comes soon!

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment