welcome

Welcome. This blog is my little home on the web. It's mostly about my favorite hobby, digital scrapbooking. You might also find some recipes, home decor projects, or parenting woes. But mostly digital scrapbooking.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Monterey Bay Aquarium

Last week we embarked on one last quick camping trip for the summer. And we visited the Monterey Bay Aquarium. It was a Tuesday when we visited the aquarium, and I was hoping that it wouldn't be very busy. I daydreamed that we'd have the place practically to ourselves. Well, that didn't happen. There were a lot of people, although fewer than when we had previously visited on a weekend. Here are a few pictures.

The sign in the ticket area.

Mediocre picture of the Giant Pacific Octopus.

Another cephalopod, the cuttle fish. We heard from an employee that next spring they will have a cephalopod exhibit. If Miller is still into cephalopods we may need to go back again.


The jellyfish exhibit had a lot of these lighted quotes. I thought they were pretty.

Jellyfish are always fascinating.


But my favorite is always the kelp forest.


Here is Miller admiring the open sea. I actually merged two pictures together on this one.

Here are the two pictures I combined. The bottom picture was free of other people, but I like how is face is turned in the top picture.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment