welcome

Welcome. This blog is my little home on the web. It's mostly about my favorite hobby, digital scrapbooking. You might also find some recipes, home decor projects, or parenting woes. But mostly digital scrapbooking.

Monday, May 2, 2011

New Layout and The Stupid Things - May 2, 2011

Yesterday, we opened the Disney Mater's Tall Tales DVD.  After popping the DVD into the machine, the DVD said it would start the Autorun feature.  I thought - great, I can just walk away.  Well, the Autorun feature plays all of the advertising and previews, and takes a great feat of remote control button pushing to get past it all once it has started.  I was furious.  On regular DVD's it is fairly easy to skip past the advertising.  But on children DVD's it's practically impossible.  I was quite peeved.

This morning Miller told the scientist that he wanted to watch "the stupid things."  I overheard a little of the conversation, and I have to admit I was baffled, but I was busy getting ready for a Mother's Day Tea.  However, James quickly figured out that "the stupid things" meant Miller wanted to watch his DVD, including the advertising and previews at the beginning. Apparently I was saying "these stupid things" over and over again as I pushed buttons on the remote trying to skip through the ads.

I only have one layout this week, but I'm really in love with this one.  A while ago, the scientist went to a hardware store to buy stuff for his lab.  He took Miller with him and Miller came home with a small, real, tape measure, which has been named "Superhero Yellow Stretch."  It's just the cutest name, isn't it?

Wavy Text Paths by Scrapping with Liz; Paper and button from Delight
and Amiable by DeCrow Designs; Paint and doodle from Life is Good by
Gina Marie Huff; Frame from The Promise of Tomorrow by Leora Sanford
Clouds from Some Stuff Template 11 by fei-fei's stuff

By the way, Stretch is the name of the tape measure on the Handy Manny cartoon. I'm looking forward to NSD. Gonna do some shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment