welcome

Welcome. This blog is my little home on the web. It's mostly about my favorite hobby, digital scrapbooking. You might also find some recipes, home decor projects, or parenting woes. But mostly digital scrapbooking.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Co-sleeping & New Layouts - May 20, 2011

Tomorrow is a big day ... we're going to IKEA ... taking the first steps to *possibly* moving Miller into his own room. Dare I dream of no more sharp pointy toes and heels pressing painfully into my side while I sleep? I'm sure it won't happen over night. Right now all we're planning is to move the "big" computer out of the office so that it can become Miller's room. That's all for now, but it's a big step for us.

So that's the big news. The little news is I have a couple layouts to share. This first is a layout that I've had in mind for a while.  We play Mr. Potato Head a lot, and there is one set of eyes that I think are supposed to be feminine, but always just look evil.  They make me laugh every time.  I was also inspired because several months back I had opened up a "scrapbook" of sorts from my college days, which just contained clippings (aka scraps).  Clippings of comic strips from the school paper, photos of strange looking people (also from the school paper) and little ads for "as seen on TV" products.  It reminded me that scrapbooking can just be about the little things that amuse you.

Everyday Life #3 by Cinzia and Gina Marie Huff; Cardstock by Cafe J;
Photography Frame by Joanne Brisebois; Photo Action by My Four Hens

I'm about a month behind in the Project: Love, Me album.  I'll be trying to catch up over the next few weeks.  This one was about stumbling blocks or things that hold you back.  I chose to write about my never ending fears about driving our manual transmission/stick-shift car.  The cars and trucks were photos of 3D objects, and I used a Photoshop filter on them because I didn't want the 3D look.

Space Between Vol. 14 Template by EH Studios; Cardstaock from HoHoHo
by Miss Tiina; Everyday Life #2 and #3 by Cinzia and Gina Marie Huff;
Trucks from My Favorite Things by Gina Marie Huff

Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment