welcome

Welcome. This blog is my little home on the web. It's mostly about my favorite hobby, digital scrapbooking. You might also find some recipes, home decor projects, or parenting woes. But mostly digital scrapbooking.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

New Recipes Tried and Liked

The past week has delivered a few major new recipe successes - I will definitely be making all of these again.

The following  two recipes come from Taste and Tell Blog.

Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Muffins. A great light and sweet muffin. I think it tastes a lot like a chocolate chip cookie. They are best out of the oven, cooled down a bit but still warm and melty. When I saw this recipe, I suspected it would be similar to the Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake at Noah's Bagels that Miller likes. It did not disappoint.

Thai Chopped Chicken Salad. Very good. The scientist really like it. The only flaw was that the peanut butter sauce was a bit thick and hard to get a nice drizzle over the salad. The chicken marinade called for 1/2 cup of vegetable oil, which seemed like a lot to me. I only put in 1/4 cup and was able to marinade two medium/small chicken breasts. I do suggest preparing 2 breasts because then you can have it for lunch the next day too, which is what we did.

The next two recipes come from Kitchen Simplicity.

Slow Cooker Roast Chicken. This is brilliant because it frees the oven for making side dishes!

Baked Crispy Chicken Sandwiches with Homemade Shake'n Bake. Love these! The scientist praised them several times. I thought it was weird to marinate the chicken in a sour cream mixture, but it was good! I think it made the chicken very tender. And in my opinion the Quick Aioli really makes this sandwich. I'm planning to make this again next week. I have left over shake'n bake mixture so it will even be less work next time. Love that! There were two leftover chicken pieces so we got lunch the next day on this one too.

I can't wait to try more recipes from these sites. Another new one is on the menu for tonight, actually. Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment