welcome

Welcome. This blog is my little home on the web. It's mostly about my favorite hobby, digital scrapbooking. You might also find some recipes, home decor projects, or parenting woes. But mostly digital scrapbooking.

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Two New Layouts + Story Swoop

I have two doubles to share. This first one has pictures from Thanksgiving morning.
A Little Joy and Pocketful No. 1 by Creashens

Originally this was a single page (just the right hand side), but there were a couple more cute pictures that didn't get included. I wasn't sure what to do with them ... then the Story Swoop from Get It Scrapped popped up in my mail inbox. I decided to give it a try. It was really fun!

It's a free tool to upload one or more photos, and then there are some journal prompts/questions to answer about the photo. The prompts help you to get at the emotion the photo evokes and to zero in on some of the details or backstory that might get overlooked.

Here is the journaling I wrote based on the prompts:

"The best of childhood. They are showing off their jump moves - hand stands and splits. He can't contain his craziness. I'm taking pictures through the gap in the safety net. I look at each one and smile. We don't know what the future holds right now. Will we even be in California next Thanksgiving? I'm thankful for this morning that cousins and sisters can be together."

And here was my original journaling:

"I took these pictures on Thanksgiving morning at Hilly's house. Miller and I spent the morning there before we headed over to Teenie's for the big meal. He had a blast."

I think the Story Swoop journaling is a bit better :)

And here are some pictures from the Zoo. I love the flat collage templates for photography pages. They make me feel sophisticated.
Multi-Mini Templates by Scrapping with Liz; Naturally Organic by Jenn Barrette; Hello There by Allison
Pennington; A Wonderful Day by Sahlin Studio; Everyone Has A Story by Captivated Visions;
Emboss It Tape by Merkeley Designs
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment