welcome

Welcome. This blog is my little home on the web. It's mostly about my favorite hobby, digital scrapbooking. You might also find some recipes, home decor projects, or parenting woes. But mostly digital scrapbooking.

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Mini Shutterfly Book

Technically this isn't my first Shutterfly book. A few months ago I ordered a little 8x8 book as a gift, but I shipped it directly to the recipient. I never saw it, but I was told that it was beautiful. This book is also a gift, but because I am ahead of the game this time, I was able to ship it to myself.

I got a coupon for a free 20 page 8x8 inch Shuttefly book through my Ikea Family account. I didn't choose anything fancy. I used standard paper which has the look and feel of cardstock. The online book software was nice and easy. I chose full bleed pages for layouts that didn't have anything too close to the edges, but for most pages I chose a single large photo with border all the way around.

Because I printed most pages with a border, I was worried that the images would be too small. The pages are 8 inch square, but with the border, it makes the image only 6.5 inches. But they turned out to be fine.

The colors came out very nice - as far as I could tell, they looked just like on my computer screen. I think the book is very nice. The only thing I would complain about is a funny smell. But hopefully that will dissipate.

Here are some pictures.


I think it will make a very nice gift. Miller says he wants me to make more copies so he and the scientist can have their own too. I think he really liked the 8x8 size (I usually print 12x12) And he likes my scrapbooking! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment