welcome

Welcome. This blog is my little home on the web. It's mostly about my favorite hobby, digital scrapbooking. You might also find some recipes, home decor projects, or parenting woes. But mostly digital scrapbooking.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

New Layouts - July 9, 2011

Did you know that you can check out movies from the library? It's really nice for us because all of the movie rental shops have closed down in our town. Plus, at the library they're free! We've checked out several kids DVDs from the library over the last few months, and I finally picked up a movie for me. I picked Avatar. I really enjoyed it. I might even go buy it.

Here are a few layouts I've made over the last week or so ... This first one is pictures of my old cat Nellie.  I thought he was a girl when I got him ... then learned he was a boy from the vet. But I had already named him Nellie, and it seemed to fit him.  So I kept the name.  He died right after 4th of July three years ago.  He was only about 10 years old. I really loved him.  I had all kinds of nicknames for him, and I remember he used to sit on the toilet seat whenever I took a shower.  I think the sound of the water attracted him.  I would call him my "bathroom helper shmelper"  .... and I think that even morphed into "shmoop shmoop."  Our current cat Bob is just called Bob.  Well, I take that back.  He is occasionally called "Senior Bob-a-relli," which is a take from a song in the Sondheim musical Sweeney Todd. Actually, I believe Nellie's name even comes from Sweeney Todd.  I guess Sweeney Todd was pretty important to me in my college days.  Uh ... back to the layout.

Clip 'n Doodle Frames by eNKay Design; Missing You by Tami Miller Designs

I made this next one for a Digi Dare challenge. The challenge was to write about freedom, which is something the scientist and I talk about every once in a while. Basically, I talked about the trade-off between freedom and security, and how my gut chooses freedom, even if it risks harm. I even "won" the challenge!
Americana by Etc. by Danyale; USA Templates by Scrapping with Liz;
My Country by Studio Miki; Americana by Ziggle Designs and Tracie Stroud
Notebook from Desk Mess by Holliewood Studios

Miller started summer camp preschool this week. Leading up to it, he insisted he was not ready to be alone without me. I was scheduled to volunteer that first day, so that worked out nicely. By the third day he said, as we were getting ready, "I'm tired of you being there." (although I only stayed for that first day.) I don't think he really meant "tired of" in the way we usually mean. He's still learning all these phrases that he hears. My feelings were not terribly hurt.  I'm scheduled to volunteer on Tuesday again ... I wonder if he will allow that?

Ianthine Templates by Scrapping with Liz; Watercolor brushes by Faith True;
By Gina Marie Huff: Life is Good, Life365 Painted Papers
Sweet & Simple Life Kits #3,6,4, Hodge Podge 7 alpha, Cute Lil Patterns 2

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment