welcome

Welcome. This blog is my little home on the web. It's mostly about my favorite hobby, digital scrapbooking. You might also find some recipes, home decor projects, or parenting woes. But mostly digital scrapbooking.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

New Layouts - June 11, 2011

We're still getting used to our bedroom rearrangement.  Miller sleeps part of the night in his room (he starts out there) but usually comes into our room around 1am to 3 am.  Then the scientist goes and sleeps the rest of the night in Miller's bed.  It is hard for me ... I like being able to listen and hear that he is breathing.  I honestly don't know how parents can have their little babies sleep in cribs.  I'm actually afraid of cribs - I've heard too many stories about babies getting themselves wedged into tight areas and suffocating.  I think the scientist tires of hearing "Did you check on him? Was he breathing?"

I haven't scrapped Miller's new apartment yet, mostly because I'm working on a digi-project picture to hang, and I want to have that finished.  I'd also like to get some decent curtains to hang, but I have a feeling that might take me a while.  But, I have been scrapping.  I'm trying out the challenges at The Lily Pad for June, so some of the following layouts were prompted by those.

I like minimalism in my scrapping, and this next one is maybe a bit extreme, but I love the layout.  It uses ONE paper and ONE element - does that even count as scrapbooking??  We've had a little break in building train tracks, thanks to Imaginext, but I found this pic from a few months ago.  I love the tracks passing several times across the view, and the little guy in the back in his usual attire.

An Ordinary Day add-on freebie
and Fancy Schmancy Frame add-on freebie by Valorie Wibbens

This one is just a cute pic, couldn't think of any journaling to add.
Focus on the Photo Template by Scrapping with Liz; Boys Only by Jazzmin
Kraft paper from Play by Sahlin Studio and DeCrow Designs

And this next one is just another everyday type memory - but I was able to throw in some thoughts about the struggles of getting a photo out of him.
Split Paper Masks by Scrapping with Liz; He and Everyday You by DeCrow
Designs; Retro Ornate Frames by Paula Kesselring; Life 365 Frame It 2
by Gina Marie Huff; Sweet & Simple Life 3 by Gina Marie Huff

This next one has some pics from a favorite local park.
Summer Minimalist by Fruitloop Sally; Plaid Addict 3 by Rachel Young;
Paint Swatch Templates by Sahlin Studio

And another everyday photo.  I often feel somewhat unsatisfied when I create a layout that just decorates a photo.  It feels lacking if there is no story to tell.  In this photo, Miller was just looking through a book that he pulled down from the shelf.  I think it was a "how the world works" kind of book.  Some of the pictures were of planets.  But there wasn't really a story here - he was just looking at a book.  And why did I take the photo?  Because the visual of the open book on the floor with the pages rising out from the spine was interesting to me.  But I was happy to give it a more personal meaning through the word "sciencer," which Miller uses for "scientist."
Scrap lift of: mister fox by keela; Boys Only by Jazzmin; So Grateful by Sahlin
Studio & Sugarplum Paperie; Play by Sahlin Studio & DeCrow Designs

And some Project: Love, Me pages.  Creativity is the topic for June.
Everyday Life #3 by Cinzia Designs and Gina Marie Huff; Cardstock from
HoHoHo by Miss Tiina; May Project Scrap Template by Shabby Princess
Cardstock from HoHoHo by Miss Tiina
Everyday Life #3 by Cinzia Designs and Gina Marie Huff

This last one is a "bonus" page for Project: Love, Me.  Unless, perhaps, if it fits into a later week's prompt - then I will insert it there.  Cherries and avocados and artichokes are probably my three favorite foods, and it occurred to me that I have a few things to say about artichokes, so I scrapped them.
So Grateful by Sahlin Studio & Sugarplum Paperie; Watercolor Papers by
Sahlin Studio; Freebie elements from Sahlin Studio; Summer Minimalist by
Fruitloop Sally; Template by Amy Martin; Worn Photo Overlay 3 by
Something Blue Studios; Paper from HoHoHo by Miss Tiina, Focus on the
Photo Templates by Scrapping with Liz; photo by elspethbriscoe

No comments:

Post a Comment