welcome

Welcome. This blog is my little home on the web. It's mostly about my favorite hobby, digital scrapbooking. You might also find some recipes, home decor projects, or parenting woes. But mostly digital scrapbooking.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Mommy woes and New Layouts - June 30, 2011

Today Miller has to get blood drawn. Back around 2009 he had low iron and low vitamin D - apparently because I was such a bad mom and was so dedicated to breast milk. Because breast milk is so poor in nutrients compared to formula. Ok, that's probably not the real reason, I'm just being sarcastic. He had his 4 year check up recently, and his doctor really wants to get the iron and vitamin D checked again because of his history.

We've got him caught up on all of the vaccines this past year too. The poor guy has been poked so many times in the last year. He HATES going to the doctor, even if it's just to accompany me for my appointment. We went in a few weeks back for an appointment, and they couldn't even count his heart rate it was pounding so fast - that's how distressed he was.

So I'm sitting here worried. I actually want to get his iron checked because I'm somewhat hopeful that it will be normal, and we can put this whole thing behind us. But if it is low, I know how I will blame myself. Well, there's nothing I can do for the next hour anyway.

Here are a couple layouts I've done in the last week.  This first one is with the Digichick July collab.  The kit reminded me of the movie Casablanca, so I thought I'd do a layout about that.  I've "kind of" seen this movie once - "kind of" because I fell asleep.  But I'm willing to give it another shot. 

Around the World Collab by DigiChick Designers
This next one is just some cute pics of Miller.  We have little "games" we play over and over until I can't take it any more.  In this game he gets himself wrapped up in the bed sheet and I say, "Oh, I wonder what this mound is?  I'll take it home."  And then when I get it home, a spider (him) comes out of it and I scream, until I realize that the spider is actually friendly.  Repeat.
Stylish Cardstock and Soak it In by Pixel Gypsy;
Paint Swatch Templates by Sahlin Studio

I hope you all have a great weekend. I'm looking forward to the BBQ and swimming with family. I'm NOT looking forward to the 104+ degree weather, though, so hopefully the fun will keep my mind off of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment