welcome

Welcome. This blog is my little home on the web. It's mostly about my favorite hobby, digital scrapbooking. You might also find some recipes, home decor projects, or parenting woes. But mostly digital scrapbooking.

Monday, December 20, 2010

Dotted with ...

When I decided to start this blog, I immediately wanted give it a nice name. I've seen so many other blogs with creative names, so why couldn't mine have a great name I thought. And maybe someday I'll become a designer (yeah, right!), and I'll already have a name for that.

I was in the car, talking to my husband, the scientist, who is obsessed with music - all kinds of music. Well, probably not all kinds, but he likes and collects lots of music. He collects music like I collect digital scrapbooking kits. I told him I want to have a neat name for my blog, and somehow, the conversation turned to the idea of "stealing" a favorite song title and using that as a blog name.

I immediately thought of my favorite band, HorrorPops, and my favorite song of theirs, Dotted with Hearts, from their debut album Hell Yeah!

Dotted With Hearts sounded like a cool blog name. My blog will mostly be about scrapbooking, and Dotted With Hearts sounded a little crafty, and a little girly. And, it's my favorite song.

So, I ran to the computer to create my blog, and in about 30 seconds found out that dottedwithhearts was already taken. So, I immediately rationalized to myself that "dotted with hearts" didn't really fit me and who I am anyway. I don't dot with hearts; I dot my i's with dots. So I ran THAT blog name past the scientist, and he agreed that it did in fact fit "me" very well. So I typed the words and hit the button, and my blog was made.

Here is a layout I made back in February about this song. For credits, please click on over to my DST gallery.

*Dotted With Hearts*

1 comment:

  1. Wow, LOVE that page....and your blog name is VERY cool! I hope you enjoy blogging as much as I do...and good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete