welcome

Welcome. This blog is my little home on the web. It's mostly about my favorite hobby, digital scrapbooking. You might also find some recipes, home decor projects, or parenting woes. But mostly digital scrapbooking.

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Mushrooms!

About a year ago I embarked on a mushroom photography project, inspired by this Mushroom Project blog post at Alien Skin.

I was so excited to get started .... and then never found any mushrooms. Maybe because 2013 was the driest year on record for California.

Today I was walking through the parking lot and saw some interesting moss on a rock. It looked like it had little flower buds sprouting out of it. So I got out my poor lonely camera (I haven't taken any pictures since the rainbow loom picture taking extravaganza).


Miller said, "I know where a mushroom is!" and he took me over to see this dried out guy.

And then I said, "Hey, let's walk around and see what we can find."  And here is what we found.





We found mushrooms! Aren't they lovely? I like mushrooms because they look quiet and peaceful. I'm going to go out next Tuesday, the day before the gardeners come, and check to see if they are bigger. My mushroom photography project has finally, officially, begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment