welcome

Welcome. This blog is my little home on the web. It's mostly about my favorite hobby, digital scrapbooking. You might also find some recipes, home decor projects, or parenting woes. But mostly digital scrapbooking.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Home Alone

I'm alone. It's just me here. Miller is at his first day of preschool. I still have almost and hour and a half before I need to pick him up. So I thought I would get current posing my latest layouts.

Miller loves spiders, and I have to admit that I've always been somewhat fascinated by them, as long as it is at a distance.  The scientist will actually pick up spiders in his hand.  Just watching him do that will cause me to yelp and jump.  I've been trying to get some practice with my camera, and there are these huge garden spiders and funnel web spiders all over our town in the summer. I took these pictures along the walk to the park.
Photo Blends Templates by Scrapping with Liz; Hip Hip Hooray freebie by
Captivated Visions, Spring Sprocket Cardstock by Gina Miller; Various
elements from Sweet & Simple LIfe collections by Gina Marie Huff
CU flowers by Wendy Page; Woodsy style by Flergs
Glitter Paper by Two Shutter Sisters; photo actions by My Four Hens

This layout is about a game that James and Miller play at the park.  Sometimes is is played at home too.
Free Template by Scrapping with Liz; Stash-Builders Simple Paper Alpha 1
by SuzyQ; Plaid Addict 3 by Rachel Young
Some elements by Sahlin Studio and Gina Marie Huff

These are some pictures that James and Miller drew one night.  As soon as I saw them I knew I wanted to make a layout about them, but it took me a while to get around to it.
Simple & Sweet Album Templates by Scrapping with Liz
Paint & Pencil Alpha by Scrapping with Liz;  Brushed Alpha by Faith True
Life365 Collection, My Favorite Things and others by Gina Marie Huff

This last one wasn't so much a scrapbook layout ... although I will likely reformat into 12x12 to put in my own album.  James and Miller like to watch old metal videos, and Run to the Hills by Iron Maiden is a favorite.  As kids will do, Miller sings the words a little differently, and that's part of what is so special about it. 

A little aside here ... when Miller saw me working on this layout he immediately asked me if Eddie (the Iron Maiden mascot, seen on the right) is good or bad. I wasn't sure, so he ran off to consult with the scientist. Miller came back and happily told me that in this picture Eddie is a good guy, although sometimes he is kinda naughty like Captain Jack Sparrow.

1 comment:

  1. That Iron Miller artwork is SO GREAT! It so funny, too! Miller is one kick-a$$ little guy! How's preschool going?

    ReplyDelete